Thursday, September 3, 2009

Project #1: Southern Oregon Veterans facility

Photobucket
I am pleased to announce that just one day into the launch of this project, I have 10 confirmed participants and 22 forum members. Thank you so much to all of you who have pledged to donate hats and slippers for this project. If you missed all the places you can find us and keep up with the projects, the list is on top of the left sidebar.

We are here on the blog, of course. We are on Twitter. We are on Blog Catalog. We are on Ravelry. We have a Yahoo Groups page where you can post photos of your finished projects.

I mentioned on Ravelry that I will be making hat(s) because I don't know how to knit slippers yet. I received a link to an easy slipper pattern that might help some of you as well. If you are adventurous and almost up to doing them, perhaps you want to give it a go. Go to Aunt Maggie's Slippers.

Join us and share comments with other participants. I already have requests for projects for Alaska, Oklahoma, and tentatively New York. Do you have a suggestion for your state? Send me a comment or an email.

Comfy hats and slippers!
Photobucket

No comments: