|Photo from Tumbleweedprogram.org|
We kicked off the new year by visting Billings, Montana, where it is still bitterly cold!
This project will run from January 1, 2017 until February 15, 2017.
Tumbleweed Program offers a drop-in center for ages 14-24 that provides food, clothing & hygiene items, safe secure environment, group activities, shower & laundry facilities, and counseling. They also offer a residence shelter program for agest 16-21.
They would like hats and scarves and hat/scarf sets in styles that would be appealing to both genders in this age group (14-24).
We will be doing a KAL for this project, so check out our KAL thread on Ravelry!
When sending, please remember to include the Sharing Our Gifts tag.
Send to: Tumbleweed Program Attn: Kelsey Wagner 505 N 24th Street Billings MT, 59101 Happy Creating!
More information about the KAL:
(These pertain to our thread in our Sharing Our Gifts group forum on Ravelry. If you are not a member, it is free to join Ravelry and join in the fun!)
- Choose one of our KAL patterns (CopyCat CC Beanie or Hat #18 Scrap Happy)
- Share a photo of your yarn and needles before cast-on
- Create a Project on your Project page and tag it with our tag: sogkaljan2017
- Cast on within the first week of January (or anytime before Feb. 15)
- Share your progress on the thread
- Finish, and repeat (if you want).
- Mail item(s) to Tumbleweed